ENVRI community organizes a virtual campaign replacing the originally planned Townhall meeting at EGU 2020. You can read more information about the campaign and how you can get involved below.
WHAT HAPPENS, WHEN AND WHY YOU SHOULD GET INVOLVED
Why you should participate?
Are you a scientist who knows what the open science is but you are not completely sure what you can do to make your science open and still benefit out of it?
Perhaps you are little sceptical about the value of open science or the ownership of scientific data and resources….
Then come to Twitter or Youtube and discuss with us questions, like:
- Who pays in Open Science environment?
- What does Open Science mean for your career?
- What are the technological challenges of Open Science?
- What does the future holds for scientific data?
When you should get involved?
Each day from May 5 until May 7, at 1pm CEST, ENVRI community will release one video discussing the key issues in Open Science in Geosciences.
- On Tuesday May 5th, Wouter Los will talk about the idea of COMMON DATA MARKETPLACE – The recording will be available here
- On Wednesday 6th, Sarah Callaghan, the editor-in-chief of the open access journal Patterns, will speak about the OPEN ACCESS BUSINESS MODEL – The recording will be available here
- On Thursday 7th, Daniele Bailo will talk about the TECHNOLOGY CHALLENGES OF OPEN SCIENCE
Where you can find videos?
Where you can join the discussion and ask questions?
You will be able to raise any question or start a discussion from 1pm CEST after the videos are published – the speakers and other ENVRI colleagues will be eager to talk to you and answer your questions.
Our speakers are also happy to answer your questions later by an email (find their contact information by clicking on their name above)
Contact us for more information.
If you cannot wait until Tuesday 5th, you can already read a Star Trek inspired story by Wouter, who is describing his idea of Common data marketplace. Remember that Wouter will talk about the marketplace in more detail on Monday 5th!The ENVRI Open Science Trek, the beginning (2)