EOSC Symposium 2019 “Where the EOSC makers & shakers meet”
November 26 - November 28
Purpose & Scope
The EOSC Symposium is one of the largest, yearly EOSC events. It is co-organised by the EOSCsecretariat project and the main ICT eInfrastructures initiatives, namely, EOSC-hub, GEANT, OpenAIRE and PRACE in collaboration with the EOSC Governance Board, Executive Board and its Working Groups (Architecture, FAIR, Landscape, Rules of Participation, Sustainability.) The event will see two intense and stimulating days for all stakeholders to contribute to discussion on the implementation of the EOSC.
The EOSC Symposium represents a fundamental milestone in the EOSC roadmap. It builds on the legacy of the former Digital Infrastructure for Research (DI4R) event series and the EOSC Stakeholder Forum events organised by the EOSCPilot project.
Taking place from the 26th to the 28th of November 2019, in Budapest, Hungary, at the stunning Danubius Hotel Helia, the EOSC Symposium will bring together the shakers and makers in the growing EOSC community to provide answers to the most frequently asked questions about EOSC:
- What is EOSC going to give me that I don’t have today?
- How are the main issues and opportunities in the EOSC Strategic Implementation Plan being addressed?
- Are there still gaps in the EOSC landscape to fill in?
- Is EOSC really contributing to the grand societal challenges addressed by science?
- Are the links between data and HPC initiatives becoming stronger and stronger?
- What are the business models and governance regulating EOSC?
- Who will benefit from EOSC? Is it just for researchers?
- Do enterprise players see a role for themselves in EOSC and how ?
- What is the role of national and thematic research infrastructures in the EOSC arena?
- Is FAIR just a buzzword?
These are only a few of the provocative questions that will be addressed during the EOSC Symposium event.
The EOSC Symposium 2019 will be co-located with the EOSC Coordination day (28-29 November 2019). Open only to EOSC related projects, the event is a follow up of the joint RTD – CNECT concertation meeting that took place in Brussels on 9-10 of September 2019. It will provide a platform for projects foster collaboration and address challenges together. The agenda of the EOSC Coordination day will be published soon.
Who should attend?
EOSC Coalition of Doers & their evolved activities, Research & Academic institution representatives, Research Communities , Business organisations, all of the EOSC-family of related projects, EU eInfrastructures and Research Infrastructures, policy makers, funding agencies, industry representatives, HPC centers, SDOs, citizen scientists, long tail of science, publishers, Data service providers.