- This event has passed.
EGU General Assembly is cancelled!
May 3 - May 8
EGU General Assembly has been unfortunately cancelled!
Check the EGU website for online activities replacing the physical sessions https://www.egu2020.eu/
The EGU General Assembly 2020 will bring together geoscientists from all over the world to one meeting covering all disciplines of the Earth, planetary and space sciences. The EGU aims to provide a forum where scientists, especially early career researchers, can present their work and discuss their ideas with experts in all fields of geoscience.
ENVRI-FAIR / ENVRI community activities
ENVRI community booth
The ENVRI Research Infrastructures will again join their forces, demonstrate the collaboration and increase their visibility by organizing a fourth joint ENVRI community booth.
The booth will serve as a meeting point for the community, but also place where the scientists attending the EGU can learn more about the Environmental and Earth system Research Infrastructures and the data and services they are providing. The Research Infrastructures will present themselves and their services through the talks organized around the grand challenges and other related topics. The booth programme introducing the lunch-break talks will be available later.
Meet us at the new exhibition location (booths 6,8 and 9). Contact us for further questions or requests.
Make sure you follow the ENVRI booth hashtags and handle: #ENVRIsolutions #ENVRIFAIR @ENVRIcomm
Sessions organized by ENVRI-FAIR
- ESSI3.5 – Breaking down the silos: enabling Open and convergent research and e-infrastructures to answer global challenges; Convener: Daniela Franz; Co-conveners: Ari Asmi, Helen Glaves, Lesley Wyborn
ENVRI-FAIR organized Townhall meeting
- TM6 https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2020/session/38151 – Science, no Fiction: The Environmental and Earth Science Starship Enterprise has taken off! Open Science and Open Data across the Universe
ENVRI community related sessions
BG2.23 Whole system approaches in addressing processes and long-term changes in terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems; Co-sponsored by eLTER and ILTER, Convener: Michael Mirtl | Co-conveners: Jaana Bäck, Giorgio Matteucci, Daniel Orenstein
GI4.1 Open session on atmosphere, land and ocean monitoring Co-organized by AS4 Convener: Thomas Ruhtz | Co-conveners: Andreas Behrendt, Philip Brown, Bernard Foing, Paola Formenti
- AS1.21 Infrasound, acoustic-gravity waves, and atmospheric dynamics; Convener: Alexis Le Pichon | Co-conveners: Elisabeth Blanc, Läslo G. Evers, Oleg Godin, Alain Hauchecorne
CL2.12 Exploiting Polar Observations to Improve Weather and Climate Predictions, Convener: Luisa Cristini | Co-conveners: Jonathan Day, Thomas Jung, Siri Jodha Khalsa, Jørn Kristiansen
- ESSI1.1 Informatics in Oceanography and Ocean Science; Co-organized by OS4; Convener: Antonio Novellino | Co-conveners: Luca BonofiglioECS, Cristian MunozECS, Simona Simoncelli
- ESSI3.2 The evolving Open and FAIR ecosystem for Solid Earth and Environmental sciences: challenges, opportunities, and other adventures Co-sponsored by AGU, Convener: Florian Haslinger | Co-conveners: Helen Glaves, Shelley Stall, Lesley Wyborn
- ESSI2.19 | PICO Management and integration of environmental observation data, Convener: Dorit KerschkeECS | Co-conveners: Benedikt GrälerECS, Ralf Kunkel, Anusuriya DevarajuECS, Johannes Peterseil
Relevant Splinter meetings
SMI37 EPOS international collaborations & Services Coordination Committee (SCC); Convener: Massimo Cocco
SM5.6 Pan-European Seismic Waveform Data, Services and Products Convener: Carlo Cauzzi | Co-conveners: Lucia Luzi, Lars Ottemöller, Helle Pedersen, Damiano Pesaresi