EGU General Assembly
May 3 - May 8
The EGU General Assembly 2020 will bring together geoscientists from all over the world to one meeting covering all disciplines of the Earth, planetary and space sciences. The EGU aims to provide a forum where scientists, especially early career researchers, can present their work and discuss their ideas with experts in all fields of geoscience.
ENVRI-FAIR / ENVRI community activities
ENVRI community booth
The ENVRI Research Infrastructures will again join their forces, demonstrate the collaboration and increase their visibility by organizing a fourth joint ENVRI community booth.
The booth will serve as a meeting point for the community, but also place where the scientists attending the EGU can learn more about the Environmental and Earth system Research Infrastructures and the data and services they are providing. The Research Infrastructures will present themselves and their services through the talks organized around the grand challenges and other related topics. The booth programme introducing the lunch-break talks will be available later.
Meet us at the new exhibition location (booths 6,8 and 9). Contact us for further questions or requests.
Make sure you follow the ENVRI booth hashtags and handle: #ENVRIsolutions #ENVRIFAIR @ENVRIcomm
Sessions organized by ENVRI-FAIR
- ESSI3.5 – Breaking down the silos: enabling Open and convergent research and e-infrastructures to answer global challenges; Convener: Daniela Franz; Co-conveners: Ari Asmi, Helen Glaves, Lesley Wyborn
ENVRI community related sessions
- BG1.10 – Whole system approached in addressing long-term changes in Ecosystem; Co-sponsored by eLTER and ILTER; Convener: Michael Mirtl; Co-conveners: Jaana Bäck, Giorgio Matteucci, Daniel Orenestein
- BG1.11 – Linking terrestrial and aquatic domains with long-term observations and experimentation; Co-sponsored by CL2/HS13, AQUACOSM and eLTER; Convener: Jens C Nejstgaard; Co-conveners: Jaana Bäck, Katharina Makower, Terhi Rastilo
- GI3.5 – Airborne observations, campaigns, application and future plans; Convener: Thomas Ruhtz; Co-conveners: Paola Formenti and Phil Brown
- EOS4.6 – How to build a sense of community in a distributed multinational science-driven networks; Convener: Magdalena Brus, Co-conveners: Katri Ahlgren
OS4.6 – Using and acquiring time-series data to enhance the knowledge of key oceanic processes and their interactions (Co-sponsored by EMSO ERIC) Convener: Eric Delory | Co-conveners: Mathilde Cannat, Andrew Gates, Katsiaryna Pabortsava
ENVRI-FAIR organized Townhall meeting
- TM6 https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2020/session/38151 – Science, no Fiction: The Environmental and Earth Science Starship Enterprise has taken off! Open Science and Open Data across the Universe