Research Associate as ENVRI-FAIR Project Manager
As ENVRI-FAIR project manager you take the leading role in the ENVRI-FAIR project management team and support the project coordination. As an experienced scientist and seasoned project manager you will work in the core team of the project management and report to the project coordinator.
- Scientific management and management of the entire communication within the project as well as the various work packages with all partners, including content monitoring of project progress, milestones and (sub-project) objectives
- Preparation and implementation of scientific reports to the European Commission
- Organization of project meetings and other project-related events
- Conduction of day-to-day project management tasks
- Support of the project coordination including financial aspects, in close cooperation with the project manager and administrative service providers of third party funds management at Forschungszentrum Jülich
- Collaboration and support for the ENVRI-FAIR work package “Communications Strategies and Tools” which is conducted under the leadership of ICOS ERIC
- University degree in chemistry, physics, meteorology or in a comparable field
- Broad overview of environmental research and experience in conducting scientific work
- Proven experience in project management and control, preferably in the context of EU Horizon 2020 projects, including in the organization of events, meetings, etc.
- Very good skills in communication as well as in cooperative and integrative action to coordinate a highly diverse consortium with partners from different areas of environmental research, and to involve interested organizations and projects from the wider ENVRI-FAIR context
- Experience in using web content management software and the ability to rapidly acquire experience in using digital work equipment
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English for the independent preparation of documents, reports, etc.
- Good skills in using MS Office and social media
- Strong competence in cooperative teamwork, independent work and the ability to prioritize and pursue goals
- Willingness to extensive travelling
More information about the position can be accessed here
The content has been adapted from the website of The Institute for Energy and Climate Research – Troposphere / Research Centre Juelich