- This event has passed.
6th Workshop on “SMART Cable Systems: Science, Demonstration, and Funding”
November 13, 2017
The International Telecommunication Union, the University of Brest and the Institut Français de Recherche pour l’exploitation de la Mer (IFREMER) are co-organizing a workshop on “SMART Cable Systems: Science, Demonstration, and Funding” at the Institut Universitaire Européen de la Mer in Brest, France on 13 November 2017.
This workshop is open to anyone and participation is free of charge but registration is necessary.
This workshop intends to offer a platform for all involved stakeholders and aims to:
- Review science including simulations, candidate sensors, and relevant data
- Discuss obtaining funding from EU/EC sources and specify tasks and timeline
- Present and discuss possible power and communication interface options
- Discuss the wet demo and pilot system processes including drafting publication(s)
(tasks and timelines)
- Discuss target pilot systems and actions for contacting planners
This meeting is organized as an activity of ENVRIplus WP4, Task 4.3 Solid Earth-marine common operation of platforms – benthic stations.
Visit the event’s website for more information.